It is good with Chapathi/Roti or Rice
1.5 Cups-Brown Chickpea
1 tsp-Red chilli Powder
1 pod-Curry leaves
1 tsp-Cumin seeds
1/4 cup-Grated coconut
1 tsp-Ginger-garlic paste
1/2 bunch-Coriander leaves
1/4 tsp-Turmeric powder
1. Soak brown chickpea for 8-10 hours. Boil them in water for 15-20 min. Add salt before boiling. Keep it aside.
2. Grind green chillies, coconut, cumin seeds in to paste.
3. Chop onion, tomato into small slices. Soak tamarind for 10 min.
4. Heat oil a pan and fry onion in it. Add ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, tamarind juice, red chilli powder in it. Mix and leave it for few min.
5. Add boiled brown chickpeas, coconut paste, tomato slices, salt, turmeric powder and water. Leave it for 10 min until the water in it evaporates.
6. Put off the flame and take the curry in to a bowl.
7. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
8. Serve it with roti, pulka, naan.
- Make sure the chickpeas boiled for more time.
- Yellow peas curry can be done same in this way. In place of chickpeas, yellow peas has to be used.