1 cup-Bengal gram
2 tsp-Black gram
2 tsp-Coconut powder
1/2 bunch-Coriander leaves
A pinch-Turmeric powder
½ tsp Mustard seeds
½ tsp black gram
- Chop, clean cabbage. Soak bengal gram and keep it aside. (for 1hr)
- Chop onions, green chilies in to small slices.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seed jeera Bengal gram let it pop and now add curry leaves, green chili and onion slices to it and fry them for 5-6 minutes.
- Add cabbage and soaked bengal gram by removing the water along with milk and close it with a lid and let it cook until it is soft. Once the dal and cabbage is boiled remove the lid.
- Let it cook until milk evaporates.
- Add coconut powder, salt, turmeric powder and fry it for few more minutes.
- Put off the flame now and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with rice.
- Pepper rasam suits as the best side dish for this curry.
- Don’t let it fry for long time after coconut is added.