Ganesh Favourite Kudumulu With Coconut Chutney
Kudumulu or undrallu are Telangana and Andhra style steamed
rice balls. These are offered as prasadam to Lord Ganesha during the vinayaka
chavithi pooja. Different regions have their own meaning regarding these terms
kudumulu or undrallu. Undrallu made with rice rava. The flavors
are quite simple but the taste is amazing.
2 cup Rice Rava/Akki Thiri/Biyyapu Ravva/Arisi Ravai
4 cups Water
1/2 cup Chana Dal
- Salt as needed
2 tsp Ghee optional
2 Cups Shredded Coconut
2 Cups Yougurt
5 Gree Chilli
Salt to Taste
1 tbs Cummin Seeds
1 tbs Mustard Seeds
1 tbs Urad whole
1 tbs Channa Dal
4 Red Chilli
Few Curry Leaves
For Coconut Yogurt Chutney
- Wash channa dal and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil and ghee.
- Pour the water and set the flame on medium.
- Add the washed channa dal.
- Once the water comes to a rolling boil, reduce
the flame and add salt as needed.
- Mix well.Add the rice rava and stir well.Cook on low flame for 2 whistle or 10-15 mins.
- Take out and keep it aside for 15mins
- Once it is warm enough to handle, make it round
- Repeat the process with rest of the prepared mixture.
Procedure for Coconut Yogurt Chutney
Take the grated coconut, green chili, salt and yogourt in a grinder. Grind till the whole chutney mixture is smooth.
Tempering for Chutney
- Heat oil in a small pan. First crackle the mustard seeds.
Then add the red chilies & curry leaves
- Fry for some seconds till the curry leaves start to become crisp. Make sure the red chilies don't burn.
- Pour the tempering into the chutney and stir.
Serve chutney with kudumulu.