PTI Chat Masala is a spice blend for salads and savories. Chat masala is a mix of hot and tangy spices. 'Chat' means 'to lick' and 'masala' means spice in Hindi. So, generally, the word chat is use for a collection of spicy and savoury snacks that are lip-smacking, so to speak.
Chat masala is a unique spice mix that makes the food tangy as well as spicy. It is widely used as a seasoning in Indian cuisine.
Here are some uses of chat masala in Indian dishes.
1. Chat masala is generously using for sprinkling in all chaat dishes like aloo chaat, Dahi puri, bhel, etc. Because chat masala powder will add a tinge of tanginess to all the chaat dishes.
2. A pinch of chat masala powder with some lemon drops adds a zesty taste to fruit dishes and vegetable salads. Adding this spice mix to fruit juices will give a refreshing feel. So, It is sprinkled widely in pineapple and watermelon juices.
3. Chat masala powder when topped in raita, buttermilk and lassi will add a salty taste.
4. Sprinkled on hot pakoras it adds a savoury taste, which makes them worth devouring upon.
5. Added to other famous street foods like sandwiches, dosas, and Frankies.
6. Chat masala powder is also added to sabjis, masala papad, and parathas.
Health Benefits of Chat Masala:
1. PTI Chat Masala is rich in iron and calcium because of the ingredients like amchur powder, cumin seeds and hing. And cumin seeds are also rich in minerals and magnesium.
2. Chat masala powder is full of vitamins - Cumin seeds are a good source of Vitamin A. Red chilli has Vitamin A and C, which is great for immunity. Coriander is also a great source of Vitamin C.
3. Indian spices generally have the presence of antioxidants, and so chaat masala also has antioxidants. Hing is a source of ferulic acid, which removes free radicals that causes cancer in the body.