Phool Makhana is a type of edible seed that can be include in daily cereals or soup to maintain good health. These seeds are often use in quite a few Indian sweets and savories. PTI Phool Makhana is a highly nutritious superfood that has been using as a snack all over and use in different delicacies especially in Indian cuisines. These light cotton puffs are low in fat and sodium which makes them a healthy and tasty snacking option that can be pair with both sweet and savory food items.
Makhana is the seed of the lotus plant that is using in the preparation of sweets as well as savories. So, these seeds can be consume raw or in cooked form. PTI Phool Makhana is also using for medicinal purposes. Makhana has high nutritional value as it is a rich source of proteins, carbohydrates, fiber, potassium, iron, and zinc.
Health Benefits of Makhana (Fox Nuts) Are:
1. Fox nuts have a really high protein content. This is why they make such an important part of fasting food because a handful can provide you with energy to last the entire day. Most snacks are either deep-fried or have a high amount of preservatives and additives. So, having a bowl of fox nuts will fill you up and also keep the calories in check.
2. Fox nuts make for great anti-aging food as they have an abundance of anti-oxidants. A handful every day can keep you looking younger and making your skin glow. But the catch is that they must not be consumed as a fried snack.
3. Fox nuts are great snack food for diabetics and heart patients as they contain good fat and have a low quantity of saturated fats. These properties make makhanas good weight-loss food.
4. Fox nuts are high in fibre. The digestive process gets sorted with them as they prevent constipation and add bulk to the stool.
5. They are high in magnesium and potassium and low in sodium. This makes fox nuts an ideal snack for those watching their weight. High potassium and low sodium is a great combination for patients suffering from hypertension. The potassium brings down the blood pressure and sodium tries to bring it up. So those who suffer from high blood pressure can snack on fox nuts without facing any spikes in their blood pressure.