Delicious homemade chocolate recipes are perfect to impress your valentine this season. Instead of always expressing your love with the three words of “I Love You”, you can just prepare any of the below chocolate recipes as per your beloved taste to spend together and show your love for them.
(I) CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
An easy and delicious chocolate dessert for sharing your love together can be the chocolate bread pudding. This recipe with chocolate and bread compliments each other so well that you can't resist having it. You can prepare it easily in the oven and make them into rolls. In addition to the bread and chocolate, adding the cocoa powder topping with chocolate chips just elevates the whole chocolate flavour of the recipe.
- Take5 cups of cubed breadin a large bowl and whisk together with½ cup sugar, ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder,½ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 cup heavy cream, 1 cup whole milk, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Fold in the bread cubes and¾ cup chocolate chips and allow the mix to sit for about half an hour so that the bread cubes absorb some of the liquid.
- Allow the oven to heat at 350 F.
- Melt the desired quantity of unsalted butter in a dish as per your taste and pour the bread mixture along with the unabsorbed liquid into the dish.
- Now on a baking sheet, bake the mixture for about 35 to 40 minutes until it gets baked fully.
- For the topping, you can just melt the chocolate chips and add a few spoons of heavy cream and dry fruits. You can serve the delicious chocolate bread pudding at room temperature.
(II) HOT CHOCOLATE CAKE IN A MUG
On a romantic winter day, offering a cup of hot chocolate cake in a small mug to someone special can eventually turn up the mood and your love for each other.
- In a mug add2 tablespoons of hot cocoa mix, 1 tablespoon of sugar, ⅓ cup of all-purpose flour or maida, 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, ⅛ spoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of baking powder and 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips together and mix completely until they combine.
- In another mug, add2 tablespoons of unsalted butter and ¼ cup of milk and whisk them finely.
- Now add the dry ingredients mixture from the first mug to the wet ingredients in the second mug and combine to mix well completely.
- Put the mug in the microwave for about 1 and half a minute until the mixture gets slightly sticky.
- Remove the mug cake from the microwave and allow it to cool for about a minute or two.
- Now top the chocolate cake in the mug with ¼ cup of mini marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and chocolate chips as per your taste.
(III) CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM AFFOGATO WITH HAZELNUT
A loving retreat for your valentine can be fulfilled with this super tasty and mouth craving chocolate ice cream affogato with hazelnut.
- Whisk8 eggs yolks and 1 cup of caster sugar (approx 220g) in a bowl until they blend together.
- Pour thecocoa (approx 40g), 4 cups of thickened cream (approx 1L) and liquid glucose (approx 50g)in a saucepan and heat in medium-low flame.
- Stir the mixture until all the glucose gets dissolved and then below the boiling point, remove the pan from the heat.
- Now pour the egg yolk mixture by whisking thoroughly.
- Transfer the egg mixture into a clean saucepan and cook it for about 8 minutes with a wooden spoon until it gets thick enough to hold on with the spoon back.
- Pour the mixture into a clean bowl and cool to room temperature. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Chill the mixture for about 2 hours or even overnight, then churn in an ice cream machine or whichever is available at home.
- Take the mixture into a pan and freeze for about 6 to 7 hours.
- Top the scoops of the ice cream with espresso in glasses.