Christmas is a popularly celebrated festival across the globe. Starting from December 1st, there are only 25 days available to set up the Xmas tree, prepare the presents, invite acquaintances, plan get-togethers with the family, make a to-do list for the food baking etc. So as a part of the pre-plan, to make your Christmas day easy peasy, here are a few recipes specially created for Christmas.
1. STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
Large Cabbage Heads - 2
Chopped Onions - 2
Butter - 2 Tablespoons
Chicken Meat - 1 Pound
Minced Garlic - 4
Minced Cloves - 4
Salt To Taste
Black Pepper - ½ Teaspoon
White Sugar - ½ Teaspoon
Peeled Whole Tomatoes With Liquid - 1 Can (30 Ounces)
Condensed Tomato Soup - 1 Can (26 Ounces)
Bay Leaves - 6
Water - 5 Cups
Uncooked Long-Grain Rice - 2 ¾ Cups
- Wash the rice. Add the rice to 4 cups of water and boil it. Boil on a simmer with a lid until the water gets absorbed by the rice grains for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut off the cabbage cores and put them in a microwave-proof container with the cored side down. Add ½ cup water into the container and microwave for about 10 minutes.
- Turn the cabbage, and cook over covered for about 10 more minutes. Take the cabbage out and keep it aside. Let it cool and repeat the same process for the second cabbage.
- Add half the quantity of the chopped onions along with the butter. Saute and cook them and be careful not to turn them brown. Add the already-cooked rice along with the leftover uncooked rice grains, chicken meat, black pepper, salt, garlic and sugar in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add a spoonful of this mixture to each cabbage leaf. Stuff the mixture so that it doesn't fall off the leaf and make them into rolls.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place the leftover cabbage leaves in the baking dishes.
- Add the tomato puree and tomato soup together and blend them in a blender. Pour the blended tomato mixture over the cabbage rolls until the rolls fully get immersed.
- Place the bay leaves on top of the sauce and cover the dish with foil. Bake for about 2 hours in the preheated oven. Remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool for about 15 to 20 minutes before removing the foil and serving hot.
2. GARLIC FRIED CHICKEN
Crushed Garlic Powder - 2 Teaspoons
Paprika - 1 Teaspoon
Salt To Taste
Milk - ½ Cup
Egg - 1
All Purpose Floor - 1 Cup
Bread Crumbs - ½ Cup
Ground Black Pepper - 1 Teaspoon
Oil For Frying
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast - 4 Pieces (Chop into small pieces)
- Add garlic powder, salt, paprika, bread crumbs, pepper, and all-purpose flour together and mix in a large bowl.
- Pour milk and add the egg together in a separate dish.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and meanwhile dip the chicken pieces in the egg-milk mixture. Coat these chicken pieces with the dry ingredients kept in the first bowl.
- Fry the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side by tossing them until the chicken is cooked and the juices come out. Serve crispy and hot with onion slices and tomato sauce as per your taste.
3. SUGAR COOKIES
Butter - 1 ½ Cups
White Sugar - 2 Cups
Salt - 1 Teaspoon
Vanilla Extract - 1 ½ Teaspoon
Eggs - 4 to 5
Baking Powder - 2 Teaspoons
All-Purpose Flour - 4 ½ Cups
- Mix, and whisk butter, and sugar together in a large bowl with a blender. Until a smooth cream is formed.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat the eggs in it. Stir the flour, salt, and baking powder together. Cover and chill the dough for about 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to about 200 degrees C.
- Dust the cookie preparation surface with a spoon of flour. Roll the dough into ½ inch thickness.
- Cut the dough into shapes as per your wish or with a cookie cutter. Place the cookies on non greased baking sheet.
- Bake the preheated oven until the cookies turn light brown for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the baked cookies to a plate and cook them completely before decorating them with whipped cream.
4. MANGO CHEESECAKE CUPS
Mangoes - 3 Fresh and Large
Mango Puree - 3 Large (The mangoes already mentioned)
Gelatine / Agar Agar
Whipping Cream - Chill 30 minutes before serving
Sugar - 3 Cups
Vanilla Extract - 2 Spoons
MANGO PUREE FOR CHEESECAKE TOPPING
- Wash, clean, peel and cut the 3 mangoes and blend them in a blender until they turn into a thick puree.
- Add 1 and a half cups of gelatine along with 1 and a half tablespoons of water together in a bowl.
- Mix and dissolve the gelatine in the microwave at regular intervals of 5 sec.
- Add the gelatine mix into the mango puree and mix well.
- Take 3 to 4 spoons of mango puree mix into another bowl for the mousse and use the remaining puree for the topping.
FOR THE BISCUIT BASE
- Crush any digestive biscuits and make them into crumbs.
- Add the biscuit crumbs to the melted butter and mix them together.
- Make the crumb base equally for 6 cups and adjust the level to make the biscuit base firm.
- Put the cups in the freezer and chill.
FOR THE MOUSSE CHEESECAKE
- Whisk the cream cheese for a minute in a large bowl.
- Add the vanilla extract to the cream and blend well.
- Put the powdered sugar and whisk properly without any lumps.
- Pour the whipping cream and whisk the cheesecake mousse along with the 4 tablespoons of the mango gelatine mix.
MANGO CHEESECAKE CUPS
- Take out the biscuit base from the freezer and pipe the cheesecake mousse into the cups.
- Transfer the mango puree topping to the cups.
- Garnish the mousse with mango cubes and any other fruits as you wish.
- Cover the cups with any wrap and put the cheesecake cups on the tray.
- Chill them in the freezer for about 2 hours or even overnight.