Somebody rightly said that you don’t need a silver fork to eat good food. Food is something that brings people together. Talking about India, it is the land of diverse cultures and traditions and is known for its unique heritage. Along with being multicultural, multilingual and a secular country, Indian food is one thing that diversifies India brilliantly. Different mouth-watering cuisines of this nation make it stand apart from others. Whereas food, on the whole, is a brilliant concept, street food of India is the most tempting part of the culinary delights of the country.
If you are a traveller to this country, you can easily find this in public areas like markets or stalls. It is readily available and very delicious as well. The small price of this food works as the cherry on the cake. Each and every part of India serves its own speciality in the form of street food. Let’s have a look at some famous street foods that can be found in different places in this nation.1. Delhi - Chole Bhature: Being a die-hard Punjabi, one thing that the whole of North India cannot live without is Chole Bhature. This dish acts as the heartbeat of the capital of India. If you ever visit Delhi, make sure to get a hot piping plate of Chole Bhature. And yes, don’t forget the onions and Mirchi with it.
- Mumbai - Vada Pao: Mumbai, often known as the city of dreams, is united by vada Pai. This food brings water to your mouth and is readily available and quite pocket friendly. So if you are planning a trip to Mumbai, do enjoy this alongside the waves of Juhu Beach.
- Patna - Litti Chokha: Litti Chokha is one of the famous delicacies of Bihar. It consists of baked sattu cake that is filled with the stuffing of potato and spicy brinjal. In addition to this, this food is believed to be quite healthy for your brain and body. It has such a huge fan base, that it is widely available in other states as well. If you are looking for something tasty and healthy, this one is definitely for you. So enjoy it!
- Kolkata- Rasgulla: Rasgulla or as people say it, Roshogulla is finger-licking good. And did you know, Kolkata is synonyms with Rasgulla? This sweet dish is a heavenly food for all the people who are fond of eating sweets. So whenever you get a chance, dig your fingers in the spongy texture and fill your mouth with sweetness.
- Hyderabad- Hyderabadi Dum Biryani: If you are a chicken lover, this one is definitely for you. The Hyderabadi Dum biryani is the best Mughlai and Awadhi cuisine served in dish. The city, which was once ruled by the Nizam for years, is now ruled by this food. So don’t forget to savour this lip-smacking Hyderabadi street food.
6. Chennai - Idli dosa: South India is a place for all the nature lovers of the country. Ruled by the luscious greenery, it always feels in nature’s lap when you are in this part of the country. The most important dish in Chennai cuisine is the Idli Sambar. This dish represents the cultures of South India because Idli, Vada and Sambar are their staple dishes of it.
Now if the thought of travelling to India is knocking your mind, do give a try to all these tempting choices and treat your taste buds!