We are all well aware that a few edible items and snacks are only available to enjoy their freshness in the summer season alone. During these summer evenings and mornings adding up refreshing smoothies, fruit juices and quite delicious Indian snacks to your menu would definitely fulfil your cravings.
1. DAHI PURI CHAT
One of the delicious and best tastiest Indian snacks is definitely Dahi puri chat. A fully filled Dahi puri chat on a summer evening is something which every person craves which is refreshing and delicious to eat.
- 8 to 10 pieces of Pani Puri
- ½ Cup Of Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Of Curd
- 1 Tablespoon Of Red Chilli Powder
- ½ Cup Of Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 3 - 4 Chopped Green Chillies
- 2 Tablespoons Of Imli/Tamarind Chutney
- 1 Tablespoon of Rock Salt
- 1 tablespoon of Roasted Cumin/Jeera Powder
- Soak ½ cup of Bengal gram overnight and soft boil for the next day to be used.
- Blend curd and mix ½ teaspoon each of red chilli powder, salt and cumin powder in the curd.
- Plate the pani puri on a round plate.
- Put 1 teaspoon of the boiled Bengal gram in each of the pani puri
- Garnish each puri with the chopped coriander leaves, onions, chopped green chillies, blended curd, imly chutney and tomatoes if needed.
- Top it up with the coriander powder and red chilli powder and serve.
2. FRESH COCONUT FLESH
Freshly grated tender coconut flesh is one of the refreshing foods and most nutritious snacks one can enjoy delightfully during the summer hot mornings.
3. KULLE KI CHAT
A tasty and unique chat made with fresh veggies and fruits with a different variety of toppings and fillings during the summer evenings is never to be missed. The chat puri is filled with tasty pomegranate and filled with chickpea topping with chat masala. You can optionally add onion pieces and fresh lemon juice as per your taste. You can use the summer fruits like watermelon, papaya and mango.
- Freshly Chopped Summer Fruits - Watermelon, Mango, Papaya (Any fruit of your choice)
- Pomegranate seeds
- Chopped vegetables
- Boiled Chickpeas
- Chat Masala
- Cut the watermelon into diced hollow cubes.
- Chop the other fruits and vegetables of your choice into small pieces.
- Stuff the fruits and veggies into the diced hallow watermelon cubes.
- Add a few pomegranate seeds and boiled chickpeas into them.
- Top the watermelon cubes with chat masala.
4. CORN SALAD
Corn salad is a protein and vitamin-rich salad which is often eaten as an evening summer snack boiled. Seasonings can be added up to taste up the flavour which is more delicious.
- Few Lettuce Leaves
- 1 Big Sized Finely Chopped Tomato
- 1 Cup Of Corn Kernals (Boiled)
- 1 Cup Of Sliced Cucumber
- ½ Chopped Red Onion
- ¼ Cup Of Finely Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons Of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Of Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Of Sea Salt
- In a large bowl mix all the above ingredients of tomato, boiled corn kernels, cucumber slices, red onion pieces, lettuce leaves and chopped cilantro together.
- In a separate bowl add the extra virgin olive oil and lime juice. Mix well (dressing).
- Add the dressing to the combined ingredients in step 1 and serve.
5. PUNJABI LASSI
The never-ending delicious tasty same old refreshing summer drink made with yogurt, water and sugar is loved by all the people. Punjabi lassi helps in cooling the body from the scorching heat. Lassi helps you recover from the day- long tiredness and fatigue when drunk on the summer evenings. Topping the Punjabi lassi with some grated coconut and cashew nuts to add extra texture and flavour.
- ½ Cup Of Milk
- 2 Cups Of Fresh Thick Chilled Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Of Saffron Strands Soaked In Milk
- 4 - 6 Tablespoons Of Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Of Cardamom Powder
- Add the freshly chilled thick yogurt into a mixing bowl and whisk until the yogurt becomes a bit smooth.
- Add the sugar, soaked saffron strands, milk and cardamom powder to the smoothened yogurt.
- Churn the above mixture until the sugar gets completely dissolved.
- Add some more milk and mix well.
- Transfer the lassi into a tall glass and top with the roasted cashew nuts and any other nuts of your choice and serve.