Shan Chaat Masala with its perfect blend of zesty and tangy spices is the perfect accompaniment to all your traditional and continental snacks. Shan Chaat Masala is a delicious flavour enhancer. So, it is a mouth-watering blend of spices that can be sprinkling onto salads, raitas, savouries, eggs, French Fries, Dahi Baras, Khichidi etc. to give a chapatti, tangy flavour. A mix of spice powders, Chaat Masala is a tangy powder that can spruce up any dish with a pinch. So, it is a popular spice mix in India and neighbouring countries, use in a host of recipes from tikki, bhalle, papri, bhelpuri to fruits and curries. So, sprinkle this chaat masala on top of any dish and get an instant boost in its flavour.
Chaat masala is rich in iron and calcium because of the ingredients like amchur powder, cumin seeds and hing. And cumin seeds are also rich in minerals and magnesium. Chaat masala powder is full of vitamins because of cumin seeds, which are a good source of Vitamin A. But, to keep flavour and aroma of chaat masala intact, store it in an airtight container in a cool place.
Uses of Chaat masala:
Chaat masala is a unique spice mix that makes the food tangy as well as spicy. So, it is widely using as a seasoning in Indian cuisine. Here are some uses of chaat masala in Indian dishes.
1. Chaat masala is generously used for sprinkling in all chaat dishes like aloo chaat, dahi puri, bhel, etc. So, Chaat masala powder will add a tinge of tanginess to all the chaat dishes.
2. A pinch of chaat masala powder with some lemon drops adds a zesty taste to fruit dishes and vegetable salads.
3. Adding this spice mix to fruit juices will give a refreshing feel. It is sprinkled widely in pineapple and watermelon juices.
4. Chaat masala powder when topped in raita, buttermilk and lassi will add a salty taste.
5. Sprinkled on hot pakoras it adds a savoury taste, which makes them worth devouring upon.
Shan Recipe: Spicy French Fries
Ingredients - Potatoes - 1kg, peeled and cut into chips - Flour - 2 tbsp - Salt - 2 tbsp - Cooking Oil - 500 ml / 3 cups for deep frying - Shan Chaat Masala – 3-4 tbsp
1. Dissolve salt and potato fries in 4 cups of water and bring to boil. Remove from the heat on the first bubble of the boil. Drain and run under cold water.
2. Sprinkle flour on the potatoes and toss them well to mix. Cool in the fridge.
3. Fry on medium flame until the crust is formed. Remove from oil and drain excess oil on the kitchen paper. Sprinkle Shan Chaat Masala on it while hot. Mix and serve.