Shan Chicken Handi Mix helps you prepare the authentic traditional stir-fried Curry for a delicious and mouthwatering experience. Chicken Handi is one of the popular curries in India. It is mild and creamy (without adding cream) and very flavourful. This restaurant-style Chicken Handi made with lots of yogurt and coriander seeds is fairly easy to prepare and makes a perfect weeknight meal or entertain guests.
The name Handi stands for a clay pot or a terracotta pot. And this particular curry is traditionally cooked in a clay pot which adds more depth to this curry. But If you don’t have one, not a problem guys this curry can be prepared in a pan as well. Now, who has a decent-sized clay pot or handi at home nowadays. The truth is, it is not even readily available here in the UK.
INGREDIENT REQUIRED: Chicken 1kg Mall boneless cubes, Tomatoes 6-8 medium / 500g Finely chopped, Onions 2 medium/ 200g Sliced, boil in water & grind, Plain Yogurt ½ cup whipped, Fresh Cilantro 2-3 tablespoons chopped, Single Cream ½ cup, Butter ½ cup / 75g, Cooking Oil ¼ - ½ cup, Shan Chicken Handi Mix 1 packet.
STEPS OF COOKING:
1. Mix Shan Chicken Handi Mix in yogurt and apply to chicken cubes. Marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Boil finely diced tomatoes in 1-2 cups of water until soft and tender. Sieve to remove skin and seeds. Keep the tomato puree aside.
3. Separately boil the onions in half a cup of water and grind to a paste. Sieve and keep aside.
4. In hot oil add the marinated chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
5. Add tomato puree and onion paste. Cover and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
6. Stir in butter, chopped coriander leaves, and single cream. Stir for 1 minute and remove from heat. Serve immediately with hot naans.