Shan Dal Masala has the perfect blend of spices that help you prepare rich, spicy, and creamy Lentil Curry for a light and healthy meal. Dal Masala by Shan has an ultimate flavor and imparts great taste to almost anything you make out of Toor or chana dal. Dal fry is the best one when added with this masala. So, it gets a great taste.
Daal or dal curry is not only really popular among connoisseurs of Indian cuisine but also one of the most commonly consumed dishes in the subcontinent. The Shan dal curry mix enables even complete beginners to prepare daal curry easily. A simple step by step recipe is also provided on the reverse of the Shan dal curry mix to prepare daal curry. You may also use the Shan dal curry mix in your own recipe by substituting it for the spices you would otherwise use. Dal is a good source of fibre. One cup of cooked red lentil contains 15g of fibre which translates to about 45 percent of your recommended daily fibre intake.
Recipe of Dal Curry:
Green lentil ¾ cup (rinsed and soaked), Pink lentil 3 tbsp (rinsed and soaked), Onion 1 large (sliced), Garlic 10 cloves (rough chopped), Tomato 1 (chopped), Green chillies 6-8, Soya leaves 1 tsp (chopped), Bay leaves 10, Oil/ghee ¼ - ½ cup, Shan Dal Masala 2 tbsp.
1. Heat half quantity of oil/ghee and stir fry onion until transparent.
2. Then add shan dal masala and garlic.
3. Add lentils, tomato, soya leaves, green chilies, and 2 cups water.
4. Cover and cook on a slow flame until the lentil is soft.
5. Heat remaining oil/ghee and fry bay leaves for 1 minute.
6. Then pour over cooked lentil; cook a couple of minutes and remove from heat.
7. Serve with roti, naan, rice, and along with onion rings.