Free delivery with $100 purchase in Toronto & GTA area
Shopping Cart 0
Your Cart is EmptyContinue Shopping
Shan Nihari Meat mix helps you recreate the authentic traditional taste of divine, aromatic, and velvety Nihari which is a true legacy of the Mughlai cuisine. Nihari is a deliciously smooth flour-based stew with slow-cooked mutton and a myriad of spices. In India, nihari is mostly preparing with mutton or gosht which is goat meat. The shank portion is what is prefer for making Nihari. Nihari can also be prepare with chicken, lamb, or beef. Shan Nihari Meat masala is a mix of whole aromatic spices. The whole spices like cardamom, fennel, cloves, nutmeg, dry ginger, etc are roasted and then ground to a powder. The masala mix is best when prepared fresh but you can make it in larger quantities and store it in an airtight container. The nihari masala keeps well for up to 6 months and can be used for cooking other vegetarian and non-vegetarian curries as well.
Meat 1kg / 2.2lbs 4-6 large portions, Bones 2kg / 4.4lbs knuckle & marrow, Onions 1 medium finely sliced, Flour 1 cup / 100g dissolve in 2 cups water, Cooking Oil 1 cup /175 ml, Shan Nihari Mix 1 packet mix in ½ cup water.
STEPS OF COOKING:
1. Heat ½ cup oil, add meat, and Shan Nihari Mix. Stir fry until oil separates from the masala.
2. Add 18 cups / 3 ½ liters of water and bones. Stir and bring to boil. Cover and cook undisturbed on low heat (for Beef 6 hours, Goat / Lamb 4 hours, Chicken 3 hours).
3. Remove bones, collect marrow and discard bones. Add marrow to the gravy.
4. Gradually add dissolved flour to the gravy. Stir and mix. Bring to boil and cook for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. Heat remaining oil and add sliced onion. Stir fry until golden and pour into Nihari. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat. Remove excessive oil before serving, if desired.
Categories: Grocery NonVeg Masalas Products Shan Spices & Masalas