HIGH PROTEIN VEGAN RECIPES
It is very easy for vegans to get proteins from their regular diets as vegan meals are a rich source of proteins. A few of the best Vegan Protein Sources are
- Beans of all kinds
- Chia Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
- High Protein Vegetables like Kale, Broccoli and Mushrooms
Let’s take a look at one of the most popular High Protein vegan Recipe that's prepared frequently:
CHICKPEA FLOUR PANCAKES:
A very healthy delicious and savoury easy made recipe dish which can be complimented well with pickles, yoghurt, chutneys or even any cream is the chickpea flour pancake. It is an Indian Cuisine that can be prepared and cooked within 5 minutes each.
- 1 Cup Of Water
- 1 Cup Od Besan / Chickpea Flour / Garbanzo Flour)
- ½ Tsp Of Salt
- 1 Tsp Of Turmeric
- 3 Spring Onions
- ½ Tsp of Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Of Olive Oil / Ghee ( but not vegan)
- ½ Tsp Chilli Flakes (Optional)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Optional)
- ½ Cup Of Peas (Optional)
DIRECTIONS FOR PREPARATION
- To a mixing bowl add Turmeric, Flour, Water, Pepper, Salt and Chilli Flakes (if you are using).
- Do a quick blend with a blender or just with your fingers.
- Leave the mixture aside for a few minutes and meanwhile heat up the oil or ghee in a non-stick pan.
- Keep in mind that the batter, on the whole, should be runny in the consistency.
- Cut the veggies and add them to the batter.
- Coat the bottom of the pan well in oil using spray oil.
- When the pan turns hot add the veggies and the mixture on medium heat.
- For about 3 minutes cook the mixture until it will quickly start to firm.
- In order to get thin pancakes you need to use large pans which are much easier to handle.
- To help flip the pancakes use a large spatula and keep adding a bit more oil underneath if needed.
- After 2-3 minutes tada! Your pancake is ready and you can garnish it with your desired toppings like cilantro etc.
- Remember to eat the pancakes warm.
SERVING NOTE / SUGGESTION:
Yoghurt dip, avocado, any chutney (red onion chutney is my favourite go) or any pickle would go great with the pancake.