It is tasty with Roti/Chapathi
2 cups-Yellow peas
1 tsp-Red chilli powder
¼ tsp-Turmeric powder
½ bunch-Coriander leaves
1 tsp-Roasted gram/dal
1 tsp-Coriander seeds
1 tsp-Poppy seeds
1 tsp-Cumin seeds
2 tsp-Coconut powder
1 Single strand-Mace
1. Clean and soak yellow peas for 3-4 hours. Boil them with some water and salt.
2. Strain the water and keep it aside after some time.
3. Soak tamarind for 15-20 min. Chop onion and tomato into small slices.
4. Grind all the Masala ingredients, roasted gram, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, elachi, Cinnamon, poppy seeds, coconut powder, mace, 1 onion slices into paste and keep it aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add onion slices and fry them.
6. After few min add tomato slices and squeezed tamarind juice. Leave it for 3 min.
7. Add boiled yellow peas and Masala paste. Mix the curry and leave it.
8. After 5-7 min add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and Jaggery.
9. Later put off the flame and take the curry into another bowl.
10. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it with roti, pulka and naan.
- Green chillies can be added by reducing red chilli powder quantity.
- Don’t add more tamarind juice as the curry may become sour.
- Add butter for delicious curry.
- Squeeze lemon juice in it before serving.