This recipe tastes good with rice and roti.
1/4 kg-Gram/ besan flour
1 bunch-Coriander leaves
2-Red dried chilli
1 tsp-Poppy seeds
1 tsp- Coconut powder
¼ kg -Tomato
1tsp- Ginger-garlic paste
½ tsp-Red chilli powder
1 Tb. Sp-Yogurt
1 tsp- Garam Masala
1 glass- Water
1/2 bunch-Coriander leaves
- Peel the bottle gourd and grate it. Keep the grated bottle gourd aside.
- Chop green chilli, coriander leaves, onion and tomato into small slices.
- Add salt to grated bottle gourd. Mix it well and after 15 min squeeze it to remove the water from it.
- Now add gram flour/besan flour, chopped green chillies, coriander leaves and little salt to grated squeezed bottle gourd.
- Mix them well and make small round balls.
- Now heat oil in a pan and deep fry those bottle gourd balls to golden color and keep them aside.
- Heat 3 tsp of oil in another pan. Add onion slices, ginger-garlic paste and coconut powder, poppy seeds, red dried chilies and fry it for few minutes. Blend it in mixer to a fine paste.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan and fry tomato slices until soft then add the blender mixer, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, tomato slices, garam masala, salt, yogurt and 1 glass of water.
- Let it boil for some time. After few minutes add the bottle gourd fried balls and close he lid.
- Switch off the flame after few minutes. Now garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with rice or roti.
- Add a little amount of salt if the yogurt is sour.
- Boiling yogurt (even if water added to it) for long time is not suggestible. Let it boil for 3-4 min.
- Cumin seeds, mustard seeds can be added.