tasts good with rice,idly, dosa
1 tsp-Mustard seeds
2 tsp-Cumin seeds
3 tsp-Urad dal
1 pod-Curry leaves
1 pod-Coriander leaves
- Peel and grate carrot. Chop onions, green chillies and keep them aside.
- Clean and soak tamarind with required water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add 2 tsp urad dal, 2 tsp cumin seeds, and fry it into golden color. Keep that aside.
- In the same pan heat oil and fry onions, green chillies, garlic cloves, salt and grated carrot until it become soft and keep them aside.
- Let them cool down and grind the fried dals when it is fine powder and add carrot and onion mix, tamarind paste and blend into smooth paste. Take the chutney into a bowl.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add asafoetida, urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, red dried chilli. Let them pop up.
- Garnish the chutney with seasoning and coriander leaves.
- Serve it with rice, dosa, idly, roti.
- Make sure that grated carrot is completely fried.
- For spicy chutney add more green chillies.