This recipe tastes good with rice and roti.
1 tsp-Black gram/urad dal
1 tsp-Cumin seeds
1 tsp-Mustard seeds
1-Red dried chilli
1 pod-Curry leaves
2 tsp- Sesame seeds powder/coconut powder/rice flour
1/4 tsp-red chilli powder
- Peel and chop bottle gourd into small slices. Add salt to it and mix it.
- After 5 min squeeze the water from the bottle gourd.
- Chop green chilli slices, coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add black gram, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red dried chilli, curry leaves, green chilli slices and let them pop up.
- Add bottle gourd slices and salt to it. Let it cook for 5 min (closing it with lid). Remove the lid when the gourd become soft. Let it fry until the oil suppurate.
- Now sprinkle sesame seed powder or coconut powder or rice flour and red chilli powder.
- Cook for 3 min. Put off the flame.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with rice.
- Sesame seeds is the best combination for this. To make sesame seeds powder dry roast the seeds and blend it in mixer when it is cool. Don’t make it very soft powder.