It is good with Chapathi/Roti or Rice
2 cups-Malabar spinach
1/4 tsp-Turmeric powder
1 tsp-Cumin Seeds
1 tsp-Mustard seeds
1 Pod-Curry leaves
1-Red dried chilli
1 tsp-Black gram
1/2 tsp-Red chilli powder
A pinch-Hing/ Asafoetida
1 tsp-Fenugreek seeds
1. Clean and chop yam into medium slices and finely chop Malabar spinach, ginger, green chillies.
2. Clean and soak tamarind for 15 min.
3. Take both yam and Malabar spinach into a cooker. Add tamarind water, salt, turmeric powder, fenugreek seeds and boil them.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add black gram, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, red dried chilli, curry leaves, Hing, green chilli and ginger slices.
5. Let them pop up and then add boiled yam, Malabar spinach into it.
6. Mix the curry and after few min add red chilli powder.
7. After 3-5 min put off the flame and take curry into a bowl.
8. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
9. Serve it with rice, roti, pulka.
- Garam masala can be added if required.
- Don't add too much tamarind water for boiling.