This recipe tastes good with rice and roti.
2 cup- Bottle gourd slices
1 tsp- Cumin seeds
1 tsp-Fenugreek seeds
A pinch- Asafoetida
2- Green chillies
1 pod-Curry leaves
Small slice- Ginger
A pinch- Turmeric powder
1/4 tsp- Red chilli powder
1/2 bunch-Coriander leaves
- Peel and chop bottle gourd. Make small slices of green chillies, ginger separately and keep them aside.
- Clean and soak lemon sized tamarind in water (small ball).
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, ginger slices, green chillies, asafoetida, curry leaves to it. Let them pop.
- Add bottle gourd slices and mix the curry.
- Squeeze and add the tamarind juice to the curry. Also, add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix the curry well.
- Close the curry with lid and let it cook for 5 min.
- Check if the bottle gourd slices are soft, mix in between until the water gets dry. If so, put off the flame.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with roti and rice.
- Red dried chilli can be added for seasoning.
- Don't add too much tamarind juice as it spoils the taste and makes the curry sour