This recipe tastes good with rice and roti.
2 tsp-Mustard seeds
1 tsp-Cumin seeds
2 tsp Sesame seeds
1 pod-Curry leaves
2-Red dried chillies
1 tsp-Urad dal
A pinch-Turmeric powder
1/2 Bunch-Coriander leaves
- Peel and chop carrots into medium slices. Chop green chillies and keep them aside.
- Soak tamarind in adequate water. After 5 min take tamarind juice out of it.
- Dry rost 1 tsp mustard seeds, sesame seeds and red dried chillies. Blend as smooth powder in the mixer when it is cool.
- Heat oil a pan. Add cumin seeds, urad dal, green chilli slices, curry leaves.
- Let them pop up and add carrot slices, turmeric and salt Sauté it. After few minutes add tamarind juice and close it with lid until carrot become soft.
- After few min put off the flame and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Once the curry is cool prinkle blinded powder and mix it well. Serve it with rice, roti.
- Instead of red dried chillies, directly red chilli powder can be used