Tastes good with rice, roti and can even as a snack
2 cups-Bottle Guard
4 cups-Sour butter milk
A Pinch- Turmeric powder
1 tsp- Mustard seeds
1 tsp- Cumin seeds
2- Red dried chillies
4- Green chillies
1 pod- Curry leaves
2 tsp- Gram flour
1 cup- Water
2 tsp- Oil
A pinch- Asafoetida/Hing
- Peel and chop bottle guard into medium slice. Boil them with salt until soft and keep it aside.
- Chop green chillies and onions into half.
- Heat oil in a vessel. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, asafetida and red dried chillies, curry leaves, green chillies.
- When they start to pop up add onion slices and fry them for few minutes.
- Now add boiled bottle guard slices and 1 cup of water, mix them well.
- Now add gram flour to sour butter milk in another vessel and beat them to make a smooth sauce.
- After 5 min add this sauce to the bottle guard mix.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and keep on stirring it until the sauce becomes thick. It takes 2-5 min. to thicken.
- When the sauce thickens put off the flame and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with rice.
- Never add butter milk- gram flour sauce at the first step itself as lumps may be formed.
- Never cook it in high flame. It may take time but keep on stirring in low flame.
- Drumsticks and other favorite vegetables of yours can be added too.