1 tsp- Bengal gram
1 tsp-Cumin seeds
2 tsp-Mustard seeds
4-red dried chilies
1 pod- Curry leaves
2 tsp- Sesame seeds
A pinch- Turmeric Powder
1/2 bunch-Coriander leaves
- Clean and shred the cabbage and keep it aside. Also, chop the green chilies.
- Soak the tamarind for 10-15 mins.
- Take sesame seeds, 1 tsp mustard seeds and 3 red dried chilies in a dry pan and let it fry until the nice smell comes out. Let it cool down and transfer it to the mixer jar and blend it to a nice powder.
- Extract juice from the socked tamarind. Now boil the cabbage in the tamarind juice (add some water until the cabbage is dipped) with salt. After 10-15 min when the cabbage is tender and soft, off the stove and drain the cabbage and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add bengal gram, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, green chili slices, red dried chili pieces, curry leaves and let it pop.
- Add boiled cabbage to it and mix it well let it fry until the water evaporate, mix in between and off the stove.
- When the curry is completely cool add the blended powder to it and adjust the salt to your taste.
- Add seasoning powder only when the curry is cool.