It is good with Chapathi/Roti or Rice
1 Cup-Green gram dal
1 tsp-Cumin seeds
1 tsp-Mustard seeds
1 pod-Curry leaves
1-Red dried chili
1 tsp-Red chilli powder
1 tsp-Coriander seeds powder
1/2 tsp-Amchur powder
1/2 tsp-Garam masala
1/2 bunch-Coriander leaves
1. Clean and soak green gram dal for 6-8 hours. Boil them with some salt and water. Keep them aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red dried chill, curry leaves, and let them pop.
3. Add some water, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, amchur powder, coriander seed powder, garam masala, and leave it for a few min.
4. Add boiled green gram dal and leave it until the water evaporated.
5. Put off the flame and take curry into another bowl.
6. Squeeze lemon juice and garnish it with coriander leaves.
7. Serve it with roti or directly.
- Add onion, green chilies and tomato as per your requirement.
- Add lemon juice for tanginess. Grated carrot can be added.