It is good with Chapathi/Roti or Rice
2 cups-Yellow gram dal
1 tsp-Mustard seeds
1 tsp-Cumin seeds
1 pod-Curry leaves
1 tsp-Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp-Coriander seeds powder
1/2 tsp-Amchur/Mango powder.
1/4 tsp-Turmeric powder
1/2 bunch-Coriander leaves
1. Clean and boil yellow gram dal with green chillies and salt. Keep it aside after boiling.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida, red chilli powder and let them pop.
3. Add boiled yellow gram dal to it and mix the curry.
4. After few min add salt, coriander seeds powder, Amchoor/mango powder, turmeric powder to it.
5. After 3-5 min put off the flame and take curry into another bowl.
6. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
7. Serve it with roti, pulka, naan.
- Don’t boil yellow gram dal or moong dal for more time as it becomes paste.
- Onion, tomato can be used for this.
• Ginger-garlic paste, garam masala can be added for spiciness.
• Soak Yellow gram dal, so that it can be boiled in less time.