It is tasty with Roti/Chapathi
200gm-Rajma/Kidney beans (Red)
100 gm-Black gram/Urad dal
1 tsp-Coriander seeds powder
1 tsp-Red Chilli powder
¼ tsp-Turmeric powder
3 tsp- Oil
½ bunch-Coriander leaves
1. Clean and soak kidney beans and black gram for 5 hours.
2. Chop onion and tomato into small slices.
3. Boil kidney beans, black gram. Add partially grinded ginger to it before boiling.
4. Strain water and keep the beans aside.
5. Crush ginger and garlic.
6. Heat oil in a pan. Add onion slices and fry them for few min.
7. Add tomato slices, crushed ginger and garlic, coriander seeds powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix the curry.
8. After 5-7 min curry becomes gravy. Then add boiled kidney beans and black gram and mix the curry.
9. Add milk cream, coriander leaves, and salt and mix it.
10. After few min put off the flame and take the curry into another bowl.
11. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it with roti, naan, pulka.
- Boil kidney beans until they become soft and well cooked.
- Green chillies can be added by reducing red chilli powder quantity.
- Always use fresh cream. Add a blob of butter for delicious curry