It is good with Chapathi/Roti or Rice
1 cup-Soya chunks/Meal maker
1 tsp-Ginger-Garlic paste
1 pod-Curry leaves
1 tsp-Red chilli powder
¼ tsp-Turmeric powder
2 tsp-Grated Coconut
1 tsp-Poppy seeds
1/2 bunch-Coriander leaves
1. Clean and soak soy chunks/meal maker for 30 min. Then, squeeze water from it.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Fry soya chunks and keep them aside.
3. Chop onion, tomato into small slices. Grind poppy seeds and cocnut into paste.
4 . Heat oil in another pan. Add curry leaves, onion slices and fry them.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coconut-poppy seeds paste.
6. Mix the curry well. After few min add tomato slices, yogurt and make gravy.
7. Leave it for 3-5 min. Then add fried soya chunks/meal maker to it and put off the flame.
8. Take curry into another bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves.
9. Serve it with roti, naan, pulka.
- Soak poppy seeds in less water before grinding.
- Green chilies can be added along with onions.
- Add some butter for softness.