Kanda Bhaji is a crispy deep fried Indian Street festive food that can be served with a hot cup of chai in the monsoon evenings and with green chutney.
Khandi Bhaji is a very special and a bit spicy recipe often made during the festive days evenings when family and guests are gathered on occasions to celebrate festivals like Dussehra.
1 ½ Cup of Thinly Sliced Onions
1 Cup of Besan or Bengal Gram Flour
- 1 Tbsp Coarsely Crushed Coriander Seeds
- 1 ½ Tsp of Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- ⅓ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¾ Tsp of Chilli Powder
- A Pinch of Finely Chopped Coriander
- Salt to Taste
- Oil for Deep Frying
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients along with 2 tbsp of water.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and drop the mixture into small quantities.
- Deep fry the mixture until they turn into golden brown colour.
- Place them on tissue paper to blot the extra oil and serve the Kanda bhaji warm.
Make sure not to fry too deep which may burn the whole recipe.