Yellow Peas Curry tastes delicious with Chapathi/Roti during the lunch or main course for dinner or Rice in the lunch main course.
Delicious and Healthy Yellow Peas Curry
Yellow Peas Curry or Matar Curry is popular in the name of chat where you can consume in the form of evening snacks or even as a curry in the main course.
- 1. Clean and soak yellow peas for 2-3 hrs. Boil yellow peas with milk and some water.
- 2. Strain yellow peas and keep both of them aside.
- 3. Chop green chilies, onion into small slices. Grind tomato into puree.
- 4. Heat oil in a pan. Add green chilies, onion slices and fry it for few min.
- 5. Add tomato puree to the curry. Mix it.
- 6. Add boiled yellow peas, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder to it. Add some water (water remains after boiling yellow peas) and mix it.
- 7. Leave the curry for 5-10 min. Put off the flame.
- 8. Garnish it with coriander leaves. Squeeze lemon juice.
- 9. Serve it with roti, naan, pulka.
• Mix the curry while cooking it. Make sure the curry becomes gravy.
• Tomato slices can be used in place of puree.
• Add some butter to make the curry soft.
• Don't forget to serve raw onion slices along with this curry.